Theatre Co. will be a group of I.S. high school students who are passionate about theatre arts - both performing and behind-the-scenes including:
- acting • directing • publicity
- stage managing • lighting & sound
- set design & construction • costuming & make-up
An after school Club - it is not-for-credit (but looks great on your transcript).
What is the time commitment?
It meets Trimester 1, after school 2+ days per week, depending on the show and your involvement in it.
What will Theatre Co. do?
We will produce a full-length play, chosen by and for the members of Theatre Co. Depending on the show and the size of the Company, we will perform here at school, and possibly tour. The specific date of the show will be decided by the Company.
Who can join Theatre Co. ?
Island School high school students who:
• have their Theatre Arts graduation credit or
• are currently enrolled in Fundamentals of Acting or Improv Theatre.*
• able to attend at least two after school meetings per week, from 3-4:30
(subject to change depending on your involvement).
• are passionate about Theatre Arts!
* This requirement can be waived at the discretion of the director, and is based on prior theatre arts experience outside of Island School and/or audition.
What if I'm mainly interested in being "behind-the-scenes?"
We'd love to have you!
How do I sign up or get more information?
See Peggy Ellenburg or email email@example.com