FOUNDING MEMBERS WANTED FOR TEEN ADVISORY BOARD
The Lihu‘e Library is looking for a group of teens, ages 13-18, who are interested in making a difference at their library and being leaders in their community.
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Advise, plan, and implement teen programs.
- Recommend books, movies, music, magazines, and manga for the YA collection.
- Promote ideas, reading, programs, and personal expression by and for teens by utilizing technology and social networks and creating bulletin boards and displays.
- Educate teen patrons and raise library literacy
- Create an inviting space for teens in the library
- Have a say in materials and programs for teens at Lihu‘e Library.
- Opportunities to be creative and expressive through art, technology, and imaginative activities.
- Personal satisfaction in serving your community and peers.
- Be part of a fun and creative team.
- Community service looks good on college and job applications.
- TAB meets on the first Wednesday of every month from 4:00-5:30, beginning September 2, 2015 at the Lihu‘e Library Conference Room.
- Additional hours as requested for special events and projects.
- Fill out the Lihu‘e Library Teen Advisory Board application and return it to the Circulation Desk at Lihu‘e Library. If you received this application in an email, you can click the Google Form link and fill out the application online.
- Ms. Hampton, the Young Adult Librarian will contact you.